Local Council Services

West Sussex County Council, Chichester District Council and Sussex Police have extensive information and advice on their websites, including latest news.

There are many online services offered, for example to report potholes, pay bills, receive severe weather alerts.

Below are links (underlined) to some of these services or click on the column title to be taken to their home page.

West Sussex County Council

HighwaysReport A Problem

Let WSCC know about a fault with a road or pathway, including (but not limited to):

  • Potholes
  • Flooding
  • Broken, missing or misaligned kerbs
  • Trips on the footway including broken slabs and protruding tree roots
  • Damaged or missing manhole or drain covers
  • Broken or damaged road signs and bollards
  • Damaged pedestrian guard rails
  • Overgrown vegetation impairing sight lines

Winter Roads

Which roads they salt, how they decide when to send out the gritters and are the gritters going out today?


How the Council responds and advice on how you can take steps to be better prepared. Sign up to severe weather email alerts.

  • Flooding
  • Heatwave
  • Heavy snow and ice
  • High winds, gales and storms
  • Preventing burst pipes


Latest news about plans to build the infrastructure for better, faster broadband in the county.

PublicRights of Way (iMap)

All the rights of way in West Sussex, as well as long distance paths, shorter walks and easy access trails.


Information about bike marking, cycle safety and local cycle routes, including maps of the routes and an interactive cycle journey planner.


Council tax, library charges, parking tickets and more.

Chichester District Council


Advice and latest information on severe weather such as flooding, snow and heat waves.


Charges, payments and change of address.

Recycling,Rubbish and Waste

Recycling, rubbish collection, garden waste, collection for large items, hazardous waste.


Conservation areas, listed buildings, scheduled monuments and historic parks and gardens and village design statements.


Charges, location, season tickets and paying fines.


Comment or search on a planning application, find out if you need planning permission, get planning permission, report possible unauthorised development, request pre-application planning advice.

Your Local District

Read about your local district and how Sussex Police is tackling crime, disorder and anti-social behaviour through listening to the concerns of the community and dealing with the issues that matter most.

Latest News

Traffic and Travel

Live reports

Report Something On-line

  • Theft & Burglary
  • Lost and Found
  • Criminal Damage
  • Antisocial Behaviour
  • Antisocial Driving
  • Something Suspicious