Places of Worship

The Civil Parish of Woolbeding with Redford is served by two Ecclesiastical Parishes.

St Luke's, Linch

The 300-year-old beautiful little parish church of St Luke's Linch, at the northern end of the parish, at Woodman's Green, covers the bulk of the population within the civil parish, and is responsible for the site of the former Church of the Good Shepherd at Iping Marsh and the parish cemetery. Linch blends both the traditional and modern forms of worship, including a monthly Family Service which attracts people of all age.

Further Information about St. Luke's, Linch

All Hallows, Woolbeding

Probably built at some time in the 10thcentury, All Hallows is mentioned in the Domesday Book. The nave is typically Saxon with exposed pilasters and pebble dash over rubble stone walling. The original quoins can are visible on the north wall, and the original door is exposed on the south wall. The tower was built in 1728 and the chancel rebuilt in late 1800s.

Holy communion is celebrated at 8.30am on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Sundays of the month according to the Book of Common Prayer. Other services as advertised.

Further Information about All Hallows, Woolbeding

The watercolours were drawn by the late Patricia Kettle in 2001 for the Parish Map.